Casa Fin | Ricette - Insalata Russa
Jeffares (nee Defant)
|The Story Behind The Recipe||N/A
Recipe's Country of Origin
|Preparation Time||30 minutes
|Number of Servings||4
||1. 100g peas
2. 2 potatoes
3. 2 carrots
4. 1 quantity mayonnaise
|Cooking Instructions||1. Cook potatoes,
carrots and peas until al dente.
2. Drain well and chop potatoes and carots into cubes about the same size as the peas.
3. Put all the vegetables into a bowl season with salt and pepper and a dash of olive oil.
4. Stir in enough mayonnaise to from a soft mixture.
5. Chill for 2-3 hours.
6. Shortly before serving , arrange the Russian salad in a dome in the middle of a dish and garnish to your taste.
Method for making Mayonnaise
1. 1 egg yolk
2. 1 whole egg
3. 200ml oil
4. 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
5. Salt and pepper
Place an egg yolk and a whole egg in a food processor, season with salt and pepper and add tblspns of the oil and a drop of the lemon juice. Process for a few seconds at maximum speed. When the ingredients are thoroughly mixed, add the remaining oil and lemon juice and process for 1 minute. Taste and adjust for seasoning. Refrigerate until ready to use.
|Serving Suggestions||Buon appetito!