Casa Fin |Ricette - Isolina’s Chocolate Cupcakes
||Isolina’s Chocolate Cupcakes|
|The Story Behind The Recipe||I have made hundreds
and hundreds of cupcakes for the Fin choolds (and the bigger Fin
choolds… ie. Nonno) over the years. They have been large, mini, iced,
frosted, flavoured, sprinkled, dipped, in Christmas colours, Hudi
colours, spiked with Easter eggs, they’ve had butterfly wings,
marshmallow flowers and monster’s eyes. But no matter what colour,
shape or size… they are always all eaten without fail. I recall, one
year, when William Mitchell was about 9, he turned to Mario and said
“you are the luckiest husband in the world because you get to eat
Isolina’s cupcakes for breakfast, lunch a dinner!”.
Recipe's Country of Origin
|Preparation Time||15 minuntes
|Cooking Time||20 minutes
|Oven Temperature||180oC or
|Number of Servings||16 - 18 people
||1 cup (150g)
½ cup (75g) plain flour
1/3 cup (35g) cocoa powder
¾ cup (165g) caster sugar
185g softened butter
½ cup (125ml) milk
|Ingredients Source||Local Supermarket
|Cooking Instructions||1. Preheat oven
2. Line patty cake pans with cases
3. Sift dry ingredients into a medium bowl, add remaining ingredients, beat on low speed until ingredients are combined.
4. Increase speed to medium and beat until mixture is smooth and has changed to a paler colour.
5. Drop ¼ cup of mixture into cases.
6. Bake about 20 minutes. Cupcakes should spring back in the centre.
7. Leave cakes standing in pans for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
butter cream frosting:
125g softened butter
1½ cups (240g) icing sugar
2 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1. Beat butter in a small bowl with electric mixer until as white as possible.
2. Beat in sifted icing sugar, sifted cocoa powder and milk in two batches.
3. Spread or pipe frosting on cooled cupcakes.
4. Decorate as desired.