Casa Fin | Ricette - Piselli (Pea) Soup
||Piselli (Pea) soup|
|The Story Behind The Recipe||N/A
Recipe's Country of Origin
|Meal Type||Lunch or Dinner
|Preparation Time||20 minutes
|Cooking Time||2.5 hours
|Number of Servings||Lots
||1. 1 lrge
2. 1-2 clove chopped garlic
3. 2 large carrots finely chopped
4. 2 stalks celery finely chopped
5. 2 spoons of chopped parsley
6. 1 + half pkts frozen peas
7. 1 small piece of pancetta (dolce)
8. 3 -4 cubes of “Massel” chicken stock cubes
9. Salt + pepper to taste (only a little as pancetta is salty)
10. Parmigiano –grated + 1 small rind
11. Good olive oil
12. Tomato concentrato – 2 spoons
|Ingredients Source||1. You will find your
pancetta piece at any good Italian Deli ..in the Deli section
2. I use a good heavy based Casserole - Bessemer Pot for this recipe
|Cooking Instructions||1. Sauté onion,
garlic, carrot, celery + parsley in good olive oil for 10-15 mins, last
5 mins add your whole piece of pancetta + spoon in tomato concentrato
2. Make up your chicken stock & add to pan with frozen peas + parmigiano rind – stir
3. Bring all to the boil
4. Simmer for 2 – 2+half hrs on stove, stir occasionally
5. When cooked, remove pancetta piece + parmigiano rind & whiz whole soup with hand whizzer.
6. You will achieve a terrific soup you can eat with your family! …(Freeze the rest )
|Serving Suggestions||1. Add some boiled
pastina or rice to this dish when you serve it up.
2. The more adventurous can add croutons!
3. Grate/shaved parmigiano on top to taste!
4. If you can’t find pancetta…you can use bacon. Never throw away the rind to your parmigiano.
5. You can freeze them & add them to many soups for added flavour or place in extra virgin olive oil for bread dipping.
6. Once again…another recipe you can freeze!