Casa Fin | Ricette - Wholemeal Fruit Scones
||Wholemeal Fruit Scones|
|The Story Behind The Recipe||On Sunday nights when
Mum was sick of cooking yet again I started making scones for the whole
Fin family. Wholemeal flourbecame my flour of choice after a while with
yoghurt because it was a healthier choice.
Recipe's Country of Origin
|Meal Type||Breakfast snack or
|Preparation Time||20 minutes
|Cooking Time||10-15 minutes
|Number of Servings||20- 24 depending on
||1. 4 wholemeal
SR cups of flour
2. Pinch salt
3. 120 gr butter
4. 1 cup sultanas + half cup apricots (chopped) or 2 small pkts of sultanas & mixed apricots (snack size pkts)
5. 1 tub of Paul’s Natural Acidophilus Yoghurt -500gr
6. 2 tsp of bicarbonate soda
|Cooking Instructions||1. Put flour in lrge
stainless steel bowl
2. Add salt
3. Rub in butter with fork + fingers until well distributed
4. In separate bowl or wide jug mix in bicarb of soda with yogurt (mix thoroughly with spoon (this will rise)
5. Add dry sultanas & apricots in flour with fork
6. Make hole in centre & add yogurt mixture + bicarb
7. Knead lightly together with fork then hands and form dough
8. Spread out onto bench, not kneading too much. Just get it together.
9. Cut into scone shapes
10. Bake in hot preheated oven at 200 degrees C for 10-15 minutes
|Serving Suggestions||1. When cooled serve
with loads of butter, jam, honey etc.
2. Freeze the rest & take out as needed.